We are delighted to announce that Kooth Plc is working in partnership with the Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RABI) to deliver mental health and wellbeing support to farming families across England and Wales. Kooth and Qwell are available to all farmers and farming family members over the age of 10 with no referrals, waiting lists or thresholds to meet. Services are completely anonymous and can be booked ahead of time.
Kooth and Qwell provide a safe, secure means of accessing help via the internet. By accessing these services you can benefit from:
- A free, confidential, anonymous and safe way to receive support online
- Out of hours’ availability. Counsellors are available from 12 noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10pm at weekends, every day of the year, on a drop in basis
- Online Counselling from a professional team of BACP qualified counsellors trained to understand the farming community, is available via 1-1 chat sessions or messaging on a drop in basis or via booked sessions
- Discussion Boards which are all pre-moderated allow young people to access peer to peer support
- Online Magazine full of moderated articles, including farming specific content, many of which are submitted by users offering advice and guidance on a huge range of topics
- No referral is required. You can register for Kooth and Qwell independently at www.rabi.org.uk/kooth
Farmers face a unique set of circumstances that may negatively impact their emotional wellbeing including financial pressures, policy uncertainty, unpredictable weather conditions and long, isolated workdays. These factors can contribute to mental health problems such as anxiety, stress, depression and suicide. According to the Office for National Statistics, (ONS), on average, more than one agricultural worker commits suicide each week in the U.K.
The online nature of Kooth and Qwell means that more people can access help in a way that is most suitable for them, at a time that is convenient for them 365 days of the year.
To support a farmer or farming family member to access support you can signpost to www.rabi.org.uk/kooth
. The attached e-poster can be shared via social media to promote the service more widely.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org