About the Practice
We provide excellent GP (doctor and nurse led) health care within Ashington, Newbiggin, Choppington, Guidepost, Bedlington, Wansbeck, Pegswood, Ellington, Lynemouth, Widdrington Station, Ulghham, Longhirst, Northumberland
Seaton Park Medical Group are regulated by the CQC
Our values cover the care we provide, the service we offer, the relationship we have with our patients and the relationships we have within our Primary Care Team. They include:
Patient-centred care which looks at the whole family; equality of treatment; listening to and respecting our patients, respecting and caring for our colleagues.
Treatment & Care
- You will be told all that you wish to know about your condition or treatment. Always ask if you need more information.
- We hope you will participate in any decisions about your treatment or care.
- You may have someone with you when seeing a doctor or nurse.
- It is expected that young children will be accompanied by an adult.
- You may choose whether or not to have students present during your treatment/examination, or to take part in medical research.
- Repeat prescriptions will be ready within 2 working days.
- Your written consent is required for certain surgical procedures.
Seaton Park Patient Group
Did you know
- A Patient Participation Group provides a route for patients to advise and inform their chosen Practice on what matters to patients and to help identify solutions to problems.
- SPMG’s Patient Group is a very active group of individuals dedicated to serving the wider patient interest, not just their own.
Our Patient Group aims to:
- Improve healthcare for Patients through a joint approach.
- Help patients to access the group and express their views.
- Provide feed back on proposals for change.
- Help the Practice to provide information.
- Encourage health education activities.
- Encourage access to appropriate services.
- Source suitable funding as appropriate.
- Act as a representative group.
- Be impartial and objective at all times.
Our Primary Care Trust
We are covered by the Northumberland Care Trust based at Merley Croft, Loansdean, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 2DL. Telephone 01670 394400.
We recognise that other patients may be queuing nearby when you wish to speak to the Receptionist. For any matter of sensitivity, please ask to be seen at the side window.
All telephone calls are recorded for training and your protection.
General Practitioner Training
We are privileged to be a Practice which trains young General Practitioners. These are fully trained Doctors who are attached to the Practice for 6 months at a time to gain experience of working as a General Practitioner. You may have every confidence in them – as we do ourselves.
Dr Orla Collins and Dr Prashant Saieshwar are our GP Trainers and are specially trained and qualified to train and develop the GPs of the future.
From time to time the Practice undertakes intervals of training for students. These may be Nurses, Midwives, Health Visitors or Medical Students who attend the health centre as part of their ongoing training. These students are always supervised and their time spent here is essential to their future work.
SMPG's Walking Group
At the inaugural Health-Walk from Seaton Park Medical Centre, on May 1 2018, seven walkers of varied abilities and ages completed 1.1 miles in a very enjoyable manner.
The walk was extremely gratifying for all involved and allowed each of us to proudly exclaim - “I did it!."
Personally, I walked along paths I had never noticed before. I also enjoyed many conversations with my fellow walkers and people relaxing in their gardens, enjoying the same lovely morning as us.
I hope these Health-Walks continue, as they are an excellent way to share laughter and companionship while keeping fit.